AERA is pleased to announce that the Australian Team to challenge the New Zealand team at the 2017 Tom Quilty Gold Cup has been selected. Five rider/horse combinations have been selected from a very competitive pool of nominations representing 4 states, two rider divisions and a wide spread of ages and experience, for both riders and horses.
The five team members selected are:
• Blaine Astell riding Karabah Tully
• Stella Harbison riding Willowstar Bay-sil
• Talea Hasko-Stewart riding Blake’s Heaven Bombora
• Simone Krahnen riding La Battista Shadow Fax
• Gayle Holmes riding Cairo as reserve.
The members of the selection panel, were satisfied that their selection provided a mix of experience and success. All team members are wished well in their individual endeavours as well as in their representation of Australia.